Company | Owner Operator
“The formula is this… hire the best, treat them right, become as efficient as possible and share the dividends with the people who make it happen.”
Our professional drivers are the heart and soul of our company which is why we work hard everyday to be the best place to work in the country.
While we can’t promise everyday will go off without a hitch, we can promise that we will work as hard as anyone to get you miles and get you home.
We know our formula is working; our average turnover over the last 5 years has averaged 22% while the national average hovers over 90%.
– Dave Van Handel
CEO, Owner and Driver
- Earn an average of $1,300.00 per week with opportunities to earn more depending on your flexibility.
- We pay on Hub miles… better than practical miles… better than shortest miles. It’s the fairest way to pay for the miles you actually drive!
- Starting Hub Miles pay is based on experience, driving record, and safety record.
- We pay top rate for experience, safe driving, knowledgeable driving, and smart driving
- Detention is paid at 25% of billed rate (average of $15.00 per hour) after 2 hours.
- Layover is per occurrence and reviewed by the president himself, the average is $100.00 per 24 hrs.
- All Extra Live Loads/Unloads Paid
- Very achievable bonus program awarded monthly.
FAMILY & FLEXIBILITY MATTERS
- OTR trucking is a tough job, but we make it as smooth as we can by getting you home weekly to your families. Our freight is based out of WI and we need trucks here weekly to service those customers.
GREAT HEALTH BENEFIT PACKAGE
- Health, Dental & Vision package available to full time employees after 60 days of employment.
- Free Short Term Disability benefit to all full-time employees after 90 days of employment.
401-K AND PROFIT SHARING
- V&S Midwest Carriers matches your contributions at 0.25 for every $1.00, deferred up to six percent of your gross earnings with potential for additional contributions through profit sharing.
PAID VACATION & PAY ADVANTAGES
- 1— 2500 mile week paid after 1 year
- 2— 2500 mile weeks paid after 3 years
- 3— 2500 mile weeks paid after 8 years
- Paid Holidays
- Per Diem pay at .09 cents per mile
- Bereavement Pay (3 days) per occurrence
- Direct Deposit Weekly
- Your success is our success! We are proud of our equipment, we feel that it is necessary to keep our drivers in the best equipment on the road.
- All vehicles are equipped with a Best Pass transponder allowing you to bypass manual toll booths.
- Our excellent ISS safety rating allows us to pass the scales without stopping, even when open.
- No Slip seating. All trucks are assigned to over the road drivers. No Hazmat. No Canada/Mexico
- 24 hr Access to funds. This pre-approved $300.00 weekly credit is used for company expenses such as unexpected loading fees, etc… Funds are easily accessible while fueling at a Pilot or Flying J.
- With prior approval from the Safety department, you may be allowed to travel with one passenger in your truck.
- Prior approval and a $500.00 deposit are required to travel with your to pet.
V&S Midwest Carriers will select drivers that meet the following criteria:
- Complete a CDL Schooling/Training Curriculum or Equivalent Experience
- Have 2 years of driver training or experience
- Not have more than 2 moving violations within the prior year
- Not have more than 3 moving violations within the prior 3 years
- Not have held more than 3 jobs in the previous 12 months
- Pass the required pre-employment road test
- Pass the required pre-employment physical capacity test
- Pass the required pre-employment drug screening
- Successfully complete the required V&S Midwest Carriers orientation training
- If you don’t reach the criteria and are interested in a truck driving job please call our driver recruiter at 920-462-5040